Thursday, December 31, 2015

Resolutions

12/31/2015

It's finally here.  The last day of the year.  When you think back on the year, I hope you had more ups than downs.  For Jeff and I, our year could probably be defined as quiet, and we're okay with that.  Less drama is always a good thing.

You remember that tomorrow you are supposed to write down your resolutions for the year.  We also know that for the most part, those resolutions will be null and void by the 2nd!  While trying to get to sleep last night, I thought up a few of my own resolutions.

  • Throw away empty toilet paper and paper towel rolls (pretty sure I'm not going to be too good about this)
  • Eat less chocolate (why would I want to do that?)
  • When the laundry is finished, actually take said laundry upstairs (I'm 50/50 about how well I'm going to do with this)
  • Empty the dishwasher completely.  (I already know that I'll never keep this resolution.  After all, if you leave dishes in the dishwasher, they get washed a bunch of times.  Think how clean they are!)
  • Pick up all my shoes and slippers which adorn multiple rooms in the house, but unfortunately none of them ever seem to make it all the way to my closet.  (One could say what's the point of putting them away.  I'm obviously going to need a pair of shoes or slippers eventually, and when they're sitting around on the floor, they're easier to find)
  • Try not to nag.  I know it's called nagging, but for me it's more like wondering/worrying that something has been done about whatever is worrying me. And to be fair, Jeff is married to someone who worries about almost everything.  Apologies to Jeff.
  • Remove the stack of papers that are lined up on the stairs.  All of these papers need to go upstairs and get filed.  (But filing is boring and nobody notices you've done it, until some document can't be found)
  • Try to lose three pounds.  (Notice that I didn't set some lofty and unreachable goal of say 50 pounds.  Nope just three, which would be progress in the right direction.  Start small you know.
Tonight, we'll probably try and stay up until midnight.  But even if we don't stay up that late, the new year will begin anyway.  

P

Image result for picture of new year's eve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...