Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year

1/1/2016

How many times this month do you suppose you'll still be typing 2015 instead of 2016?  More than a few I bet.  

Jeff and I stayed up until almost midnight, because we were watching the movie "Hoffa".  Plenty of drama in the movie and this morning I had to search for information about Hoffa's disappearance. There are a lot of conflicting answers and as of today, nobody has ever found his body.

We are going to a friend's house tomorrow and are supposed to bring the infamous pound cake.  I think I'll let Jeff take the lead on making the cake, since the last pound cake I made for the boys, had issues (looked like an elephant sat on it)!

Jeff has also agreed to see a movie!  This is a big deal, because he doesn't go very often and he normally can be talked into seeing one movie a year.  We're definitely starting the year off right.  We're going to see the comedy "Sisters" with Tina Fey and Amy Phoeler (sp).  

Jeff pointed out last evening that I had already blown one of my resolutions - the one about shoes piling up in the den!  I'm going to take care of that this morning.  Luckily, I didn't say anything about dealing with the pairs of socks that I have a tendency to take off and forget them!  Could be that I'm just lazy; or, I like knowing that whatever room I'm in, I can always find socks in case my feet get cold.  See, it's really good planning on my part.

I know it's a new year, but it doesn't feel any different than yesterday.  I feel the same way when my birthday comes around.  The only new thing about a birthday is that you're a year older, otherwise everything remains the same.

Happy New Year to everyone.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...