Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Another Day - Another Car!

1/5/2016

If you read yesterday's blog, then you know that I posted a picture of a car for sale.  The car is no longer for sale - we bought it last night!  We test drove the car with the top down and this car has warm or cool air that blows on the back of your neck from the headrest.  That is really cool.  I didn't drive the car, but I knew before we even bought it back to the dealer, that we were going to go home with it.

I'm so happy that we bought the car for two reasons: (1) I get my car back; and (2) Jeff gets to drive in comfort, with a radio that doesn't have static and a roof that doesn't leak.  It'll take a time or two for him to adjust to the car, but since it's cold this morning, I know he was toasty while he drove.

We'll try and find a good home for the "zippy z".  We have enjoyed having the car for the past seven years, but the old girl is beginning to show her age.  And yes, we could continue to try and fix the bits and pieces that wore out, but finally decided it was time to move on.  The salesman told us that a car like the "zippy z" is sought after and I hope that he's right.

Our neighbor is away until spring, so if it's not raining or snowing, we'll put the "z" in his driveway.  My car, of course, will go into the garage.  If, and it's a really big if, there wasn't so much stuff on the right side of the garage, we could probably get both cars inside.  

It's very nice knowing that I have my car available to me every day.  It's not like I have a specific place to go, but now I can wander about.  Before buying the new/used car, if I didn't have a specific appointment, I let Jeff take my car.  Now we both have lovely (and warm) cars to drive, and as a plus for me, my seat setting is just right as are the channels on the radio. I listen to 50's, 60's, Elvis and some 70's music.  After the 70's, in my humble opinion, what was being sung just didn't sound much like music.  And yes, I'm very aware that I'm old(er), but when I listen to a song, I want to be able to sing along (badly I might add).  For my generation, the music of the 60's was simply the best.  We had Motown, the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan and so many other artists who wrote really good songs.

Because you want to know, today is National Whipped Cream Day!

Stay warm.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...