Sunday, January 17, 2016

Snow?

1/17/2016

It's really gray outside, so I'm writing with my SAD light on, because I need all the "sunshine" real or man-made I can get.

The weatherman say it may snow today, but if it does, won't amount to much of an accumulation.  They are also predicting snow on Friday and Saturday, with accumulation.  I'm really glad that the Ox (truck) is back from the shop, as the truck is the vehicle you want to be driving when it snows.  Of, as I prefer, don't bother to drive at all.  Nobody, and I really mean nobody, wants me driving in bad weather.

My car is heavy and can certainly get around in snow, but why go out if you don't have to.  I know what my car will do, but the unknown factor is what other drivers and their cars can/will do.  Our neighbor is away for the winter, so the Ox and the Zippy Z are sitting in his driveway.  To avoid shoveling, we could put them both in our driveway.  What you certainly don't want to do, but folks do it anyway, is to park your car on the street when it's snowed.  The plows can't adequately plow the street if there are cars parked.

Since we live at the top of the hill, when the plow comes around the circle, our house is one of those that gets snow dumped at the end of our driveway.  If it snows while Jeff is at work, the snow will just have to sit until he comes home.  The first lab we owned, was so well trained, that even in deep snow, she was always able to find the paper and bring it inside.  It is doubtful that our present lab, would have a clue what she was looking for!

Jeff made chicken soup yesterday and it is excellent, though he insists on adding 'shrooms', which I don't like.  Perhaps I'll make muffins to go with the soup for our dinner.

Once snow is predicted, people go into panic mode when it comes to buying groceries.  Jeff and I keep more food in our pantry and big chest freezer, than most if not all people do.  There is always something to eat.  For us the most basic of essentials is toilet paper, milk, eggs, butter and bagels.  Sometimes I empty out the pantry and find "buried treasure" in the back of a shelf.

I hope you're one of the people who have tomorrow off.  Everybody loves a three day weekend.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...