Monday, January 11, 2016

Dresses

1/11/2016

Last night I watched the Golden Globes ceremony.  I have always liked watching beautiful famous people strutting their stuff in front of cameras.  There was no shortage of beautiful people last night. but I thought there was, for most of the women, too much skin showing.

I know you're probably thinking I'm a prude, but I'm not.  If I had a movie star's body, I'd probably want to show it off, but sadly I don't.  As I watched woman after woman parade, or perhaps prance, in front of the cameras, I couldn't help noticing how much cleavage was showing.

If I wore one of those strapless dresses that barely, and I do mean barely, cover up ones"assets", I'm pretty sure my "assets" would manage to make themselves known to the world.  And that would be bad.  When did having most of your breasts open and on display become the norm?  

I can remember other award ceremonies where one or two women were dressed,with most of their bodies covered.  And even though not a lot of skin was showing, these women looked elegant and regal.  They looked like movie stars.

There were a few really beautiful dresses last night.  Eva Longoria was dazzling in a white dress adorned with flowers.  Simple but elegant.  Lady Gaga looked amazing, as did Jaimie Alexander, who wore a stunning emerald green dress with pockets. 
 

Of course there were some losers in the dress department too. I didn't think Jane Fonda's dress with the top that looked like a cap was very flattering.  And, unfortunately, Jennifer Lopaz's dress in yellow was, in my opinion, not the best color for her.  But heck what do I know.

And, of course, there was the jewelry.  There must have been a lot of guards hanging around to keep track of what I assume is borrowed jewels.  The dominant look was diamonds, but there was also some emeralds and what looked like rubies.

Thanks to the power of Tivo, I didn't have to listen to acceptance speeches, watch commercials or be underwhelmed by the category (such as director, etc.).  Jeff went to bed early because he gets up very early, so he "missed" (not likely that he will think he missed much) out on the majority of the ceremony.

One thing that I thought was very nice, but when Sty Stallion won an award, he was given a standing ovation.  He has aged, as everybody does, but we keep our stars on pedestals and like to think of them as eternally young.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...