Thursday, January 7, 2016

Driving the New Car

1/7/2016

Yesterday, Jeff took my car to work so that he can get the tires checked and fill up the gas tank.  And yes, we've been married for 41 years and I don't know how to fill up the tank.  Jeff and later the boys always did/do this for me.  

The new car was home with me.  I took the car out for a quick errand, and loved every minute.  I think the car is sexy looking and while it was cold outside, it was nice and toasty inside.  The car has some kind of device that blows warm air on the back of your neck - super duper nice.

My car is bigger and heavier than the convertible, and the engine is bigger.  I know when driving my car that if I put my foot on the gas the car accelerates quickly.  I like that.  The convertible is lighter with a smaller engine, but responds quickly to increased pressure on the gas pedal.  I'm not saying that I'm in the habit of being "Ricky Racer", but when the need arises, I love that both cars are able to accelerate quickly.

The convertible is Jeff's car.  I love my car, my favorite radio stations are programmed in - I hate DJ's talking on the radio - just play music.  The back of my car is roomy and you can stuff a lot of groceries in there.  The convertible - ah not so much.  If we're going for a "big shop", then we definitely use my car.

The "zippy z" sits forlornly in a neighbor's driveway (he's in Florida until spring).  We are going to try and find a buyer for her.  Apparently, the Z3 was not made by BMW after 2001.  She's kind of an antique and when I checked Craigslist, there were only two Z3's for sale.  

I feel like I should go out today.  I have no destination in mind, but it would be good for me mentally to be out of the house.  I suppose I could drive to the library and read my Kindle while in the company of people.  Or, I could go to a store.  Decisions, decisions!

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...