Friday, January 29, 2016

The Curse of Oak Island

1/29/2016

The Curse of Oak Island is a television show on the History channel.  There are three seasons, and Jeff and I have watched all of them that are available on the History channel.  You can pay Amazon if you want to see some episodes, that for one reason or another, aren't on regular television.  We've decided that we'll be fine just watching the episodes from the History channel.

If you haven't watched this show, you should probably check it out.  Unlike other reality shows, there is no or very little cursing, no wine being thrown in someone's face and nobody pulling off a woman's wig!  

It's two brothers who have spent millions and years devoted to finding the hidden treasure on the island.  There is the Money Pit, the 10X shaft and the swamp to name just a few places that you'll get to see when you watch.

Every time a diver goes down into the 10X shaft, you can't help but hold your breath.  While I have no money invested in this project, there is still a bit of sitting on the edge of your chair, hoping that this will be the time when something is actually discovered.  You want this, not only for yourself, but also for the two brothers who run the project.

When a diver comes up from 10X or the money pit, with nothing much to show for his effort, it is as disappointing to me, as it is, I imagine for the brothers.  They have found two very old coins, a sword and bits and pieces of wood and coconut fiber.  Their assumption is that the wood is part of a wooden vault buried near the bottom of 10X.  Are they correct?  

As a viewer, you want the brothers to find something big, or famous, or pounds and pounds of gold.  The reality is more likely that none of those things will be found. And even knowing this, I hold my breath every time a "discovery" is made.  

I wish the brothers well and hope that all of the money and time they have spent, doesn't end in frustration and disappointment.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...