Sunday, January 24, 2016

Snowing Stopped

1/24/2016

It stopped snowing here yesterday, and this morning the sun is out and the sky is a particularly beautiful blue.  Jeff went out several times yesterday to do some shoveling, but takes breaks because it's hard work moving that much snow.

He did manage to make a pee/poop path for the dogs.  This is important, because they have to go somewhere!  Jeff has already been out this morning and right now is resting in front of the fire, with coffee and a warm cinnamon bun in hand.  Gumbo is on the menu for tonight.

The snow is quite deep and even with the Ox, which has a high clearance and 4 wheel drive, it likely would be tough going to get down the street and onto the highway.  Unlike some folks, Jeff has nothing he needs to prove, so we're staying put in the house.  

I know that some people who are "locked" (for lack of a better word) in their house, get a bad case of cabin fever.  Us?  Not so much.  Jeff enjoys going to COPA's website (a pilot thing) to see what's going on in the rest of the country.  For me,  I enjoy doing on-line coloring and can burn up some serious time coloring.  And then there's always books to read as well as cheesy television.

Pretty sure Jeff isn't going to try and go to work tomorrow.  We live at the top of a hill and don't expect to be plowed today.  I think he's going to work remote tomorrow.  Computer folks can work successfully at home.  For other professions, remote isn't an option.  As a secretary, remote wasn't possible.  If the company didn't close for weather, you took the day as a vacation day or without pay.  I don't miss those days of uncertainty.  

This is also good weather for napping.  The dogs really love when either myself and/or Jeff head to the bedroom mid-day for a nap.  They are very good sleepers!

Stay warm and safe.

Image result for picture of blizzard 2016 in washington


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...