Friday, January 22, 2016

Snow's A Coming!

1/22/2016

It seems pretty sure now that we're going to get "foots" of snow today and tomorrow, with blizzard conditions on Saturday.  Jeff and I are set as far as food goes, and Jenny is primed and ready should we need her.

We have a neighbor that winters in Florida, so this morning I moved Jeff's new car over into his driveway.  My car and the Ox will be in our driveway, which will result in less shoveling.  I have called Auntie Kim to offer the use of the neighbor's driveway to use for one or more of her cars.  

Since we now have a gas fireplace, there is no need for kindling and bringing in wood.  I agree with Jeff that a gas fireplace doesn't have the same ambiance that a real fireplace has, but the ease of starting a fire, just can't be beat.

I'm making beef stew this afternoon and probably muffins of some kind or another.  I'm assuming that the grocery stores will be busy today with people getting the essentials needed to weather out a huge storm.  

There is going to be some wind with this storm, so I hope that none of our Cypress trees in the backyard topple over!  They are quite old, very tall and shallow rooted.  Fingers crossed.

Jeff learned early on that it's better to shovel periodically, rather than let the snow build up for hours and hours.  Shoveling is hard work, and I'm not particularly useful.  When the boys were home, they helped Jeff shovel, so it wasn't such a daunting task as it will be today/tomorrow.

I have already assured Auntie Kim that if the neighborhood loses power, she and her family are certainly welcome to come here.  We could call it the Bassett Motel!  By the end of the storm, our house could look something like this:

Image result for picture of a blizzardP

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I am sure that you'll be fine...post pictures!!

    Love, Marilee

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...