Saturday, January 9, 2016

Whiskers on Kittens - Not on Old Women!

1/9/2016

For you gals that are younger than me - and that's probably almost all of you - there is an old lady problem.  And the problem is, facial hair.  Urgh.  I have dark hair, hence I have dark facial hair.  When I was younger, it wasn't much of a problem, but as I age, it has become a huge problem.

When Jeff and I were on our honeymoon in 1974, we were riding a bus in the city, and there was an old woman who had a hair growing out of a mole on her face.  Now this hair was long, long enough that I, in my naivete thought it was long enough to hold a curler!  If you're going to have long hairs on your face, they might as well be curly.

Fast forward 41 years, and now I've become that old woman.  The thing is that whiskers on kittens are cute.  Whiskers on woman - not so much.  I've used all number of products and methods over the years to remove, reduce, dye, my facial hair.  My theory is, and I guess it's not a good theory, is that if you pull, wax, thread and/or tweeze your facial hair, it should get the message.  What message?  That I don't want you growing on my face anymore.  I've been trying to get rid of this hair for over 29 years, you would think it would just give in.  But sadly, it doesn't.

There are times that I think I could actually grow a beard, of sorts.  It's not so worrisome when you're at home and don't look in a magnifying mirror.  If you do look in a magnifying mirror, be prepared for what you see.

If I'm going to the dentist, for instance, I don't want to have wild hairs growing on my chin and neck.  Nobody wants to look at that.  It is entirely possible, but you'll never convince me, that the dentist or doctor doesn't see your "beard".  Oh, they see it alright, but they are professionals, so perhaps they have seen worse, at least I hope so.

I've tried waxing at home, but when you get hot wax combined with shaky hands, near your eyebrows, well it could end badly.  I have no desire to wax off my eyebrows, intentionally or non-intentionally, and then end up "drawing" new ones on my face.  If I did draw myself a set of eyebrows, I'm pretty sure I'd end up looking like a clown, which isn't a good look for anyone (other than a clown).

Men, go forth and sprout hair.  Have a mustache or a beard (nicely trimmed of course).  But most women I know will do just about anything to keep hair from growing on their face!  

P

 Image result for picture of a clown

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...