Saturday, January 2, 2016

Lunch Review

1/2/2016

Jeff and I went to a friend's house for lunch today.  The food was amazing: crab cakes and shrimp and macaroni and cheese, which was yummmmmmy.  The pound cake that we brought was well received and everybody left taking some 'tovers' with them.  Jeff and I really didn't want to bring any cake back.  When you get Aunt Ruby's pound cake, you will definitely gain a pound, and I can't afford to do that.  I'm under tall so even ounces gained show :(

We met some new people and had such fun.  When people laugh at your stories, and all of mine are - with perhaps a bit of an embellishment here and there, it just adds fuel to the fire.  Imagine me with my stories mixed with alcohol!  Crazy town.  

It was wonderful to be so comfortable and laughing out loud.  Not a polite "oh that's funny" kind of a chuckle.  We're talking about full blown laughter on everybody's part.  I'm really grateful that I received my sense of humor from my Dad.  Traveling with Dad was always an adventure and there was never a dull moment.

When he and I took a trip to England, after the plane landed we shuffled through the crowd to find the train that would take us into London.  Both of us were a bit confused and the train was filling up fast.  I told Dad that we had better start moving and we did.  We literally threw our suitcases onto the train and managed to hope on at the last minute.  Our tour together lasted 3 weeks and it was probably one of the most special memories I have of Dad.

Everybody better watch out, because when I get to heaven and Dad and I partner up, there will be rumbles of laughter going through the clouds.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...