Tuesday, January 19, 2016

It's Cold Outside

1/19/2016

Yesterday, Jeff and I took the new car out to get the "trifecta" of necessary items to have on hand if, as predicted, snow does show up on Friday.  The trifecta, at least for us, consists of: eggs, milk, butter and/or toilet paper.  

We started our journey out with the top down on the car.  The headrests in the car blow warm air on your neck, which is really pleasant.  We were bundled up, but after a few miles, we decided that it would be better if we put the top up.  Looking "cool" while driving in a convertible is different than looking "cold".

We went to Costco to buy the necessary items they carried and we needed.  On to WalMart, which though it was a weekday, and snow has been predicted, wasn't completely crowded.  There was a bit of a wait at the cashier, but that tends to be the norm.  

We bought some veggies for stew or soup making and fudge bars for my sweet tooth.  We also bought a Tombstone pizza with jalapeno peppers.  Can't wait to try that.  Jeff has a particular cracker that he eats, so we always buy them when they are available.  I'm stocked up on popcorn and cocoa mix (with marshmallows).  

Since our car fleet is now all back together, if we park my car and the new car on one side of the driveway, and the Ox on the other - there will be very little driveway to shovel.  It is supposed to snow on Friday and as a contractor, if Jeff doesn't work, he doesn't get paid.  I'm sure he'll be taking the Ox on Friday, just in case.

I was supposed to see the dentist on Friday, but have already canceled the appointment.  Apparently, I wasn't the only patient who had called to reschedule.  If you don't need to be out and about during a snow storm, then I see no good reason to leave home.  

I'm off to get my head "shrunk" today and because it's super cold, I'll be outside as little as possible.  The heat is on and old Sam has found a floor vent that he sleeps on.  I think I will attempt to put the duvet back in it's cover today.  I say attempt, because it's a real chore to do, especially by yourself.

I hope it's warm where you are, and if it isn't, that at least you're inside.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...