Thursday, January 28, 2016

Getting Out of the House

1/28/2016

Yesterday afternoon, my daughter-in-law called and asked if she and Benjamin could come to the house for a visit.  Of course, the answer was yes.  She also wanted to go to Five Below (a store with prices I can afford) and Michael's, a store I love but can't always afford!

There were piles of snow in the parking lot and since I tend to "wobble" (which sounds a lot nicer than stagger) a bit when I walk, she let me off in front of the stores.  Benjamin was in his "please, please Mom Mom mode" inside of Five Below.  I told him, very generously I might add, that he could have one thing but he should be sure of what he realllllllllllllllllllly couldn't live without!  He ended up with a jump rope, which in reality will probably be used for many things, but probably not jumping.

Inside Michael's, I had to issue the only one reminder again.  Benjamin has enjoyed Little Critters books for many years.  The author always puts a mouse and a spider on every page.  The illustrations are colorful and sometimes it takes both Benjamin and myself a few seconds to find the mouse and spider.  I bought him a Little Critters Valentine book and when he found something else he liked, I reminded him that I was buying only one thing.  In the end, we left the store with the book and once we were home, snuggled in for a read.

After leaving the stores, I suggested going to McDonald's and buying milkshakes.  Stacey had brought the movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs #2 (or some title like that), and I thought that a movie with milkshakes would be perfect.  The movie was fun, the shakes wonderful and the company lovely.  I don't leave the house very often and with piles of snow in parking lots and lanes disappearing on roads, will probably not venture out until next week.  I have to get out on Monday, because I have a dental appointment.  Groan.  

The sun is out today but it's cold so I don't know how much melting is going to occur.  I made an attempt yesterday to get some, but not all, of the snow off of my car.  I know that the car doesn't mind, or even know, that it's covered in snow - but I do - and that's what matters.

Chicken for dinner tonight.  At least I know what I'm cooking, now the question is how.  Bake, fry, barbecue, casserole, etc.  I did some math and figure that over the course of 41 years of marriage, I have made approximately 14,596 dinners!  No wonder I get bored making the same dishes over and over again.

I'm going to go the internet to look for chicken inspiration!

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...