Monday, January 25, 2016

Another Day and More Shoveling

1/24/2016

For the third day in a row, Jeff has been out, and will continue to go out, to shovel the driveway and get the snow off of the cars.  His thought is to roll back the cover on the Ox and fill the bed up with shoveled snow.  If he does that, he'll have somewhere to put the snow and it will add weight to the back of the truck.

The snowplow hasn't been around in the neighborhood yet, but when it comes up our street, we know from experience, that the plow will dump a lot of snow at the bottom of the driveway.  Can't really fault the driver.  After all, he has to put the snow someplace.

Jeff made gumbo yesterday and he made it a bit on the spicy side.  It was delicious and will make for a good lunch/dinner again today. Jeff really likes soup and could eat it every day.  Me, on the other hand, if given an option, would never opt for soup.  

Jeff is working remote today and perhaps will do so tomorrow.  Even with the Ox, getting out of the neighborhood and onto a paved main road, would be a challenge.  A challenge not worth taking.

I am at home so much now, that cabin fever doesn't really set in for me.  Would I like to be able to get in my car and go somewhere?  Sure I would, but I don't feel the itch and/or need to do so.  I have books to read, coloring books (they make a wide range of these books for adults now), knitting, or television watching. And, of course, there's always time for a nap on days like this!

I worry more about Jeff wearing himself out while he's shoveling.  Shoveling is hard work, so I'm glad that he takes breaks in between his "shifts" outside.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...