Saturday, January 2, 2016

January 1st

1/2/2016

I really had to think about that last number.  My finger was literally poised over the 5!

Yesterday afternoon, Jeff and I went to the movies to see "Sisters".  Jeff doesn't go to the movies often, or perhaps rarely would be a better description.  The ticket price at $11.00 each gave him sticker shock.  He remembers as I do, that you used to be able to go the movies for $1.22 in 1967 and $1.89 in 1974.  So for less than five dollars, you'd be able to buy a ticket and have money leftover for popcorn and coke.  Those days are long gone.  Now a trip to the movies sets you back over $20.00 for two tickets and then there's the cost of snacks!

The movie, which won't win an Oscar, was a delightful way to spend a few hours.  Amy Poheler and Tina Fey are very funny women and watching them in this lighthearted movie was wonderful.  The comedy was a little over the top at times, but still glad that we went to see it.  We both agreed that we would like to see it again on Netflix, for example, so that we could concentrate on hearing all the lines (people were laughing).

I did some research and Oscars for comedy movies have actually occurred: in 1934, 1938, 1944, 1963, 1973 and 1977.  Comedy movies are way overdue to be recognized in the best picture category, but I suspect that's not going to happen any time soon.

Jeff and I are headed to a friend's house for lunch today.  We made pound cake as our contribution to the meal.  After making the cake yesterday (Jeff made the cake), I don't think we'll be making it again anytime soon.

Today is national cream puff day and buffet day!  You could get into a lot of trouble with these two "holidays"!

P

Image result for picture of january 2, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...