Saturday, January 23, 2016

Second Day of Snow

1/23/2016

It started snowing yesterday afternoon.  Slowly at first, but picking up quickly in intensity.  After work, Jeff drove to Scott's house to help him get his generator hooked up.  Scott has lost power before in storms, and wanted to be prepared for this one, just in case.

I made beef stew yesterday afternoon, and it was pretty good, although I actually think that Jeff does a better job in making soups and stews.  The dogs and I spent the afternoon lazying around.  They slept and I watched cheesy television shows (my favorites).

Since Jeff got up super early yesterday morning, so that he could leave work early, he was tired and went to bed long before I did.  After I take my nighttime medicine, I do get tired, but I put off going to bed.  I have convinced myself that if I go to bed, I won't be able to go to sleep.  This is a myth, because I'm asleep long before my brain can engage in high energy worrying.

When we got up this morning, our street had been turned into a white wonderland.  As I write this, it's still snowing and we're supposed to have high winds later.  Jeff shoveled part of the driveway and took the dogs out to do their business, because the outside of the doggy door is snowed in!  So at my house, please avoid yellow snow!

Jeff has come back in the house and since I don't hear any noise from the den, I assume that he's taking a rest in the recliner.  I could/should clean up the kitchen, but I'd rather have Jeff sleep, and there's always time later for doing the dishes.

I have a tendency to not always been stable on my feet, so I'm not going to bother with going outside.  I think snow is lovely to look at, I just don't want to actually be in it.

As a treat, I cooked cinnamon rolls, and fresh and warm from the oven - heaven.  The fireplace is on.  What a beautiful thing when you push a button and you get fire.  And if you have the fireplace on for several hours, the den gets really warm and you find yourself turning off the fire!

I hope you're warm and toasty if you are back here in the East dealing with snow.  And, if you live in California, you're probably enjoying sunshine.

P

1 comment:

  1. Yes, sunshine! This week promises to be in the mid 70's and after rain and some cool weather we look forward to that. Glad you made it through and were so prepared. Enjoy your day!

    Love, Marilee

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...