Saturday, January 30, 2016

Bucket List

1/30/2016

Have you ever thought about what you would put on your own bucket list?  I hadn't given it much thought, until recently.  I have no idea why I started to think about those things you would like to do or experience in your lifetime.

Of course, there are things on my bucket list, that aren't going to happen, for obvious reasons.  Timing and/or money are generally involved in accomplishing most things.  I've got plenty of time, obviously, but no big lottery winnings to help me travel!

  • I would have liked to see Elvis in person (well that's not going to happen, but perhaps an Elvis impersonator would do)
  • I'd like to see my Dad one more time (again, like Elvis, this is merely a wish, not something that can happen)
  • Travel to Italy.  Murano Island to be exact
  • Return to England and take Jeff with me
  • Vacation in Maui again (this is doable with the right amount of money)
  • Buy a bigger plane (also doable but again $$$ is involved)
  • Write a book.  Okay, I'm sort of doing that, but I'm talking about a book that gets published and makes money
  • Walk on the ocean floor (the deep part of the ocean)
  • Find somewhere beautiful to spread Wendy's ashes 
I know in the big picture this isn't much of a bucket list.  But, in my own defense, I'm not much of an adventurer.  I am reclusive - and before you jump on that band wagon - I know this is bad, it's just who I am.

Besides not having big lottery winnings to make travel possible, I still have that stupid left hip that suffers from "Arthur" and makes walking and standing, two things I don't tolerate well.  Sitting, on the other hand, I excel at!!!

Tomorrow is Andrew's birthday.  He's the baby of the family and will be turning 36.  I know that I get older each year on my birthday, but somehow resist intellectually that the boys are getting older too.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...